- The Sepha EZ Blister is a tabletop blister packaging machine ideal for packaging tablets, capsules, ampoules, sachets, pouches, and other pharmaceutical products.
- The Sepha EZ MedPak is a semi-automatic blister pack machine equipped with a compact design specifically tailored for the medical device market, where sterility, maintenance, and barrier protection against microbial penetration are required.
- The EZ Blister and EZ MedPak are capsule blister packing machines capable of packaging capsules in a wide range of sizes and shapes.
- Blister pack machines can work with a wide range of forming and lidding materials like PVC, PP, PVDC, COC, aclar, and aluminum foil.
- Forming materials have different resistances that impact the product’s shelf life and storage condition.
- Lidding materials are mostly made from aluminum and equipped with a primer on one side and coating material for heat sealing on the other.
- Medicine packaging machines tailored to manufacture blister packs can increase efficiency and throughput, improve patient safety, and provide excellent scalability.
Considering Blister Packaging
Blister packaging in the pharmaceutical industry is a cost-effective packaging solution for common obstacles like:
- Maintaining a product’s medicinal quality
- New pharmaceuticals conflicting with packaging material
- Meeting regulatory requirements
- Protecting medications from oxygen, moisture, and contamination
Blister packs are normally used for solid unit dose medications, keeping tablets or capsules separated and protected until use. However, blister packs can be used to package a variety of products in other industries, too.
Tabletop Blister Packaging Machines
Below are two types of tabletop blister packaging machines offered at Ascend Packaging Systems:
The Sepha EZ Blister
The Sepha EZ Blister is a tabletop blister packaging machine ideal for packaging tablets, capsules, ampoules, sachets, pouches, and other pharmaceutical products. This semi-automatic blister pack machine is equipped with a wide range of options tailored to meet commercial, manufacturing, and technological requirements.
Equipped with a three-in-one manufacturing process for low-volume blister packaging, the EZ Blister incorporates forming, sealing, cutting, and perforating solutions into one packaging machine:
- Forming: The EZ Blister forms blister packs using thermoforming or coldforming trays tailored to exact product requirements.
- Sealing: Next, the EZ Blister places your product inside the tray cavities and seals them with precut pieces of your choice of lidding material using knurled or flat heat-sealing plates.
- Perforating and Cutting: Lastly, the EZ Blister cuts and perforates the sealed trays using a precision die cutter.
This tabletop blister packaging machine is designed to create small batches ideal for clinical trials, stability studies, speciality drugs, or packaging development. The EZ Blister also provides more freedom to plan and budget smaller projects.
The Sepha EZ MedPak
The Sepha EZ MedPak is also a semi-automatic blister pack machine equipped with a compact design specifically tailored for the medical device market, where sterility, maintenance, and barrier protection against microbial penetration are required. This tabletop blister packaging machine provides pharmaceutical manufacturers with flexibility and control to develop complex, high-quality blister packs from a variety of materials, such as PVC, PCTFE laminates, and PETG. The EZ MedPak also enables R&D labs to design, develop, and manufacture specific packaging found in lab environments without outsourcing their packaging solutions.
The EZ MedPak is equipped with packaging capabilities compatible with a wide range of applications, including:
- Pre-filled syringes
- Diagnostic devices
- Surgical stents
- Inhalation devices
- Dental implants
- Medical tray kits
The EZ Blister and EZ MedPak are capsule blister packing machines capable of packaging capsules in a wide range of sizes and shapes.
Did you know that custom tooling is crucial for manufacturing quality blister packs?
Selecting Small Blister Pack Machine Materials
Blister pack machines can work with a wide range of forming and lidding materials like PVC, PP, PVDC, COC, aclar, and aluminum foil.
Forming materials have different resistances that impact the product’s shelf life and storage condition. Product sensitivity determines the packaging material’s grade level. For example, if a product is sensitive to light, forming materials like aluminum or aclar are required. Forming film is usually colorless and transparent, but forming films can be opaque if the drug needs light protection.
Lidding materials are mostly made from aluminum and equipped with a primer on one side and coating material for heat sealing on the other. Heat-sealing lacquer matches the respective forming films precisely, so that the predetermined sealing parameters are guaranteed under any climatic condition in compliance with FDA standards.
There are also different types of lidding materials available for specific product needs including hard aluminum for push-through applications, soft aluminum for child-resistant needs, paper-aluminum for peel-off applications, and paper-PET-aluminum for peel-off/child-resistant use.
The Benefits of Medicine Packaging Machines
Medicine packaging machines tailored to manufacture blister packs have a wide range of benefits:
Increases Efficiency and Throughput
With the right medicine packaging machine, you can increase your facility’s production efficiency and throughput.
Improves Patient Safety
Investing in a medicine packaging machine can improve patient safety by using your machine’s interface to fill the pack without risking human error.
Provides Excellent Scalability
As your business grows, you can scale up your equipment with an automated medicine packaging machine for small and large-scale operations.
Providing You With Various Blister Pack Machines
At Ascend Packaging, we provide our customers with various blister pack machines to meet their needs. As a leading supplier of pharmaceutical packaging equipment, tooling, and parts, we offer everything you need to improve your packaging solutions. We offer blister pack machines from several leading global brands in addition to the packaging machinery we make in-house. Whether you make tablets, capsules, or soft gels, our team of experts creates custom solutions for you. Contact us today to learn more about how we can provide you with the right blister pack machine for your specific needs.